the lives of a hard working husband & a wife in grad school

the lives of a hard working husband & a wife in grad school
the moments that make us laugh & cry
the food that gets rave (& not so rave) reviews

02 September 2010

Last of "freedom" ... start of school

Monday was my last day of "freedom" before my classes started on Tuesday. I spent the day painting decor for our home to hang on our bare walls.

I started out with the canvases for the bedroom. I couldn't really decide what exactly to do with these, and I ended up painting over what I had done about three different times, finally blurring everything together. Here's how it started:
And here's how it looks now - it has metallic paints on top of the brown base that you really can't even see anymore!
Then for the living room over the couch I painted this one (it'll make more sense once I get the fabric I want to use for pillows and chair seats in the dining nook):
and here it is over the couch:
I was worried it would be too big... I think it's too small!
Then, on the other side of the living room area, I originally had a different concept and color scheme going to match with the pillows that we bought to use on the couch.
I never finished them as you can see, so I white washed over them and did something like the other painting.
You can see Carlyle and our messy apartment in the background, lol!

My first week of classes went well.  I need some good healthy crock pot recipes for Tuesdays and Thursdays when I get home really late, so if you know of any, let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment