the lives of a hard working husband & a wife in grad school

the lives of a hard working husband & a wife in grad school
the moments that make us laugh & cry
the food that gets rave (& not so rave) reviews

24 September 2010

Best Mac&Cheese Ever!! followed by a really long week

Last weekend I made my favorite meal for dinner - ham, macaroni and cheese, and green beans. Luckily, Carlyle loves it too! :-) The macaroni and cheese was completely different from what I normally make, but it was amazing! It was super easy - here's how I did it:

In a crockpot, add:
2 cups (dry measured) macaroni, boiled & drained
2 8-ounces cheddar cheese shredded
2 cups reduced to 1.5 cups milk
fresh ground black pepper

I cooked it all on low for about an hour and stirred it occasionally to help the cheese melt. It's ready when most of the liquid at the bottom is absorbed and the cheese is melted throughout.


It was a really busy week compounded by that fact that my car was in the shop. It had been out of commission for a few weeks now but I finally got it fixed. The starter had to be replaced, but now I finally have it back after taking the bus & walking to get it this morning.  I'm happy that we're living in an area that we could definitely get by with just one car, but there are some inconveniences of course.  I'm very happy to have my car back now so I don't have to have Carlyle pick me up from the park and ride at the end of the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment