the lives of a hard working husband & a wife in grad school

the lives of a hard working husband & a wife in grad school
the moments that make us laugh & cry
the food that gets rave (& not so rave) reviews

29 August 2010

Sunday Sunday Sunday!

This morning we went to Grace Baptist Church for Sunday School in the Young Marrieds class. :-) This was our second time there and we once again just love the people that are in the class as well as the teaching. They seem to be a tight group and are very welcoming and friendly. We're looking forward to getting to know them more and build relationships there. We're planning to check out their evening worship service since it's more contemporary; that's a better compromise for our Southern Baptist-Presbyterian backgrounds! This week we're hoping to go to the small group Bible study that is starting on Thursday nights for newly-marrieds. One of our new couple friends is leading it. It's really been encouraging how this couple and another couple in the class have contacted us and have genuinely wanted to get to know us more and have fun together.

After church we just laid low around the house - took a nap, played a little Lego Batman on the X-box, and I found out my car battery is corroded! I'll be fixing that tomorrow, after I drop off Carlyle at the MARC station so I'll have a car just in case. Carlyle is doing his Fantasy Football draft with his coworkers.

Here's my class schedule for the fall: (FYI, HESP=Hearing & Speech Sciences)

HESP 400 - T/Th 9:30-10:45
HESP 311 - T/Th 5-6:15
HESP 600 - W 3:30-6:00

So that's two undergrad classes (prerequisites) and one graduate class. 311 is Anatomy, Pathology, and Physiology of the Auditory System. It covers the anatomy of the ear and pathways for transmission of sound energy through the peripheral and central auditory system; the causes, development and effects of pathological conditions contributing to temporary or chronic hearing impairments.
400 is Speech & Language Development in Children, so hopefully I'll already have a heads up for most of that! 600 is the grad class, it's Instrumentation in Hearing and Speech Sciences; it covers the types and principles of operation of electronic equipment used in the hearing and speech sciences.


Luckily, I have no classes on Mondays and Fridays! I have huge gaps in between my days on Tuesday and Thursday, so I'll probably fill that time helping out in the lab for my graduate assistantship. I'm hoping I won't need to go to campus on Mondays at all; due to the assistantship it'll make sense if I need to be there on Fridays. 


Family: we're planning to come home this weekend - we'll leave on Friday as soon as we can (when C gets off work) and we're planning on staying the night in Blythewood and then going to the lake for Saturday & Sunday night. We're looking forward to seeing everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment