the lives of a hard working husband & a wife in grad school

the lives of a hard working husband & a wife in grad school
the moments that make us laugh & cry
the food that gets rave (& not so rave) reviews

13 September 2010

Shrimp & Grits

Carlyle & I LOVE shrimp and grits Low Country style (is there any other way?). We did, after all, have it at our wedding reception! It was so easy and simple.


oh grits, how I've missed you...




Here's how I did it:
1. I chopped an onion and a sweet red pepper into slivers and sweated them with a little oil in a med-hot pan, covered, with a few shakes of creole seasoning.






2. I boiled the water for the grits and added a little salt and baking soda (to make them fluffier) and had those cooking.






3. I thawed and peeled the shrimp, shook some creole seasoning on them, and cooked them in the pan with the onions and red peppers.

Carlyle scarfed his down twice as fast as me, but I claim the leftovers for lunch tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment